Turned on the rotating bearing to test it, and one character nearly came too close.
This took about an hour to do. Well an hour+ to research before I found Fusion, and then an hour to do it. I’ll just call it 2 hours.
I have spent 1 day 3 hours on MT3 so far.
This 20 second clip took 6 hours to make.
According to the durations listed on the livestreams, I have spent 1 day 1 hour on MT3 so far.
Today’s livestream is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnMk9D6lhgA
Using thread, I suspended a bearing plate from a broom over my set. I did not have a good way to adjust the length of the thread, so I used several layers of thick cloth (socks) on one side of the broom to allow the plate to descend toward the stage. Using Dragonframe's increments on a bezier curve, I got the plate to do some vaguely reasonable side to side motion as it came down. Special thanks to my friend Kai for providing the toy skeleton to be my RC bearing plate pilot!
While preparing for my next scene, I realize I want to add a blur effect, so I introduced myself on stopmotionanimation.com because
I just came to the most technically difficult part of my movie: flying a helicopter (flat bearing thing) into the scene. I have an idea for how to rig it up with thread to simulate flight, but I want to add an effect of motion blur on the blades of my helicopter (flat bearing thing).
It seems Dragonframe cannot do this, but the effect can be simulated by merging some images in post processing. At 4:38 in this video is a suggestion for how to handle the images in Dragonframe
This is the first time the skeleton has been seen in a scene of Marble Track 3.
The livestream was 3 hours; it got split in the middle
video time: 68 seconds so far
video making time: 69001 seconds ( 19 hours) so far.
I tried getting Cyberduck to talk to Amazon S3, but could not do it as easily as I was able to get it to talk to Dream Objects S3.
Last time I used duplicity, I included GPG in the mix, so the files are encrypted. I apparently did not put the key in a safe place so they are effectively bricked.
This time, no GPG, and I have set the files to be public (but I do not know where / how people can access them). Oh, and I could not get duplicity to work.
Similar to using duplicity to backup MT3
pip install boto-rsync cd ~/mt3 boto-rsync --endpoint objects-us-west-1.dream.io . s3://mt3/mt3
Backup complete as of a couple days ago.
I assume this will download the files:
mkdir ~/mt3testrestore cd ~/mt3testrestore boto-rsync --endpoint objects-us-west-1.dream.io s3://mt3/mt3 .
Nice. It works.